Toronto, Ontario - (November 18, 2022) – Governance Professionals of Canada (GPC) announces the winners of the 2022 Excellence in Governance Awards (EGAs)/Prix d’excellence en gouvernance.
The Awards gather the governance community and celebrate leading governance practices across all sectors and industries in Canada.
The Excellence in Governance Awards shines a light on the important contribution that governance professionals, their Boards and their companies make in terms of best practices that build and sustain stakeholder value in Canada. The prestigious awards recognize trailblazers for their ability to create impact and innovation in the Canadian governance realm.
GPC congratulates the 2022 EGA winners, organized by category, as presented below:
- Board and Director Effectiveness
- Canadian Construction Association
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- BC College of Nurses and Midwives
- Organizational Governance
- Green Municipal Fund | Federation of Canadian Municipalities
- Risk Management
- Vancouver Airport Authority
- Governance Professional of the Year
- Brigitte Catellier, Vice President, Corporate Governance, Meridian Credit Union
- Peter Dey Governance Achievement Award
- Poonam Puri, Professor, Osgoode Hall Law School, York University
Each year, GPC receives nominations that range in both breadth and diversity from Canadian organizations large and small, across all sectors and industries. The award recipients are chosen by two judging panels of seasoned and well-respected governance experts. GPC would like to thank the EGA Judges for their time, dedication, and contribution in making the annual awards possible. For more on the panel: www.gpcanada.org/ega
“We created these awards in 2013 to recognize the leaders and innovators in Canadian corporate governance, and to create a forum to gather the governance community to celebrate these pioneers in good governance. GPC is very proud of the recognition that our past winners have gained, as well as the recognition that their organizations have experienced from taking home these trophies.“
Sign up to GPC’s official mailing list to be the first to receive details on the call for nominations for the 2023 EGAs, which will open in the spring of 2022, and the latest information on upcoming and relevant governance events: www.gpcanada.org/Public/contact_gpc